Special Education Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
Our ambition for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) is the same as for all children and young people – that they achieve well in their early years, at school and in college and lead happy and fulfilled lives.
To achieve our ambition we will create a 0-25 SEND system that:-
- Enables children and young people to have the best possible start in life and achieve their potential;
- Supports children, young people and their parents to have high aspirations for the future, raising aspirations by not only thinking about what is possible now but thinking creatively about what could be possible in their life;
- Ensures that children and young people and their parents are actively involved in planning and decision making, both at an individual and strategic level, and have more choice and control over the support they receive;
- Provides joined up education, health and social care services, working together to enable children and young people to achieve the best possible outcomes;
- Ensures children and young people are effectively supported to prepare for adulthood, including employment, independent living, good health and participation in community life.
This vision is reflected in the Kirklees Joint Strategy for SEND. Please click here for further information.
- Guidance on use of Mental Capacity Act 2005
- mencap – The Voice of Learning Disability
- Kirklees Learning Disability Partnership Board – This website is for people with a learning disability who live in Kirklees. The families and friends of people with a learning disability and the professionals supporting them may also find it useful to get help with:
– Getting Support
– Out and About
– Your Health and Keeping Safe
– Learning, Work and Money
- Local Offer for support for children with SEND – Kirklees Local Offer is aimed at providing information about the support and services that children and young people aged 0-25, who have special educational needs and disabilities, and their families can get in one place.
- Special educational needs and disability code of practice: 0 to 25 years
- Downs Syndrome Top Tips
You might also be interested in…