Toggle Contrast

Children and Young People










Do you need to talk to someone?

If you need to talk to someone about something that has happened to you you should always speak to a trusted adult. Talking about a problem can often make you feel better and you shouldn’t feel embarrassed, shy or ashamed. If you have been the victim of online grooming, or sexual abuse, there are people who can help.

It’s a good idea to talk to someone that you trust like a parent, carer, family member or teacher.

If you would like to talk to someone in confidence you can contact Childline – You can call them free on 0800 1111 and this number won’t appear on a telephone bill. The number is available 24 hours a day.

Kirklees Children Services

You can call 01484 456 848 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).

West Yorkshire Police

You can also contact the police in a non-emergency 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, by calling 101. In an emergency where a crime is in progress, or there is a danger to life, always call 999.

Legal Advice

Legal advice for Children and Young People is available free from the Children’s Legal Centre. The number to call is 020 7520 0300.

‘Say Something’: New Anonymous Service For Young People To Report Sexual Abuse
Say Something’ helpline: Call or Text 116000
Facebook: /SaySomething
Twitter: @SaySomethingIf

Useful Links & Information:



Papyrus (Suicide Prevention Strategy)

Change Grow Live – The Base (YouTube Channel)

Thinkuknow 8-10s

The Children’s Society – See, Hear, Respond

KSCP Teen Physical Injury Medical Assessment Leaflet

Let’s Talk About Self-Harm– Information for young people

CRT Children’s Rights Team –

Care 2 Listen –