What is the KSCP?
In March 2016 the Government accepted the recommendations of the Wood Report 2015 which summarised the findings of a national review of Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCBs). The recommendations in the report led to a change in legislation to the Children and Social Work Act 2017 and Working Together to Safeguard Children, removing the statutory requirement of Local Authorities to have a Local Safeguarding Children Board.
As a result three key agencies now collectively hold new statutory responsibilities for safeguarding; namely the Local Authority , Health and the Police.
Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018 placed a duty on the three agencies to work together and define the local Multi-Agency Safeguarding Arrangements. It also placed a duty on other agencies to co-operate with the new arrangements.
The Kirklees Safeguarding Children Partnership (KSCP) is the body that replaces the Kirklees Safeguarding Children Board and will work with all agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in Kirklees.
The partnership is independent intermediary body and will meet at least four times a year and have a strategic focus leading subgroups who will be expected to report on a workplan for the year. The KSCPs objectives are to:
- Co-ordinate local work undertaken by all agencies and individuals to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- Ensure the effectiveness of that work.
The partnership is chaired by an Independent Advisor to support transitional arrangements.
Core Membership consists of:
- Independent Person (Advisor)
- A senior officer of the three statutory partners (Local Authority, Police and Health) with a responsibility for safeguarding.
- National Probation Service representative
- Voluntary sector representative
- Schools representative
- Lay member
- KSCP Business Manager
- Chairs of the subgroups
- (Other partners may be involved, receive papers or attend for specific items only)
- Kirklees Multi-Agency Safeguarding Arrangements (published July 2019)
- Working Together 2018
- KSCP Constitution 2020