Suicide and Self Harm
CAMHS Report – A Child’s Journey
This report is a full review of all the impact of emotional wellbeing and mental health services provided in Kirklees for children and young people on safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. To download the CAMHS report click here (Oct 2016)
- Young Minds is leading the fight for a future where all young minds are supported and empowered, whatever the challenges. Young Minds is here to make sure they get the best possible mental health support and have the resilience to overcome life’s difficulties.
- PAPYRUS is the national charity dedicated to the prevention of young suicide.
- MindED is a free educational resource on children and young people’s mental health for all adults.
MindEd is suitable for all adults working with, or caring for, infants, children or teenagers; all the information provided is quality assured by experts, useful, and easy to understand. We aim to give adults who care for, or work with, young people:
- the knowledge to support their wellbeing
- the understanding to identify a child at risk of a mental health condition
- the confidence to act on their concern and, if needed, signpost to services that can help
MindEd is cross-professional, and can be used by teachers, health professionals, police and judiciary staff, social workers, youth service volunteers, school counsellors among others to support their professional development.
There are also specific resources to support CAMHS and CYP IAPT learners and those on counselling courses. All registered learners can access a learning path tailored to their needs.
If you are a young person at risk of suicide or are worried about a young person at risk of suicide:
- Call: 0800 068 41 41
- TEXT: 0778 620 9697
- Email: email@example.com
- Opening times: 10:00am – 10:00pm (Mon-Fri)
- Weekends 2:00pm to 10:00pm,
- Bank Holidays 2:00pm to 10:00pm
Lessons from Safeguarding Practice Reviews
You might also be interested in…