An Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect -
E Learning Course
About the Course
This course is for anyone, including members of the public, who would like to know more about the signs and symptoms of child abuse and what to do if you suspect a child is being abused or harmed. The course is free.
The course should take approximately 40 minutes to complete including a knowledge check at the end. Once you score 100% in the knowledge check you will be able to print a certificate of achievement.
The aims of the course are to help you to:
- Understand the various types of abuse and neglect
- Identify signs of abuse and know what to look for
- Know how to ask questions if you suspect a child is being abused
- Know what to do if you suspect a child is being abused
- Understand the importance of keeping records
- Understand the importance of reporting your concerns
- Know what happens when concerns are passed to Children’s Social Care.
How to Apply
To access the course please log on to the KSCB training course management system. Once logged on click on 'Available Courses' and you will find the course listed under Online Courses.
Updating your Learning
The course can be repeated as often as you like to refresh your knowledge. The course content will be updated at intervals to take account of local and national policy changes.
We would welcome your comments on how useful you found this E Learning training package. Once you have completed the course you can leave feedback before printing your certificate.
How to Contact Us
If you have any queries or questions please contact our office by telephone on 01484 225161, or email KSCB.Admin@kirklees.gov.uk