What to do about violence at home

If you are worried or feel afraid because of violence at home please tell someone about it. Domestic violence is when a grown-up hits, attacks or threatens another adult in the house - this may be your dad or another man hitting your mum.  If this is happening in your home talk to a teacher at school or someone you can trust and tell them what is happening.  

You could talk to someone at Childline - their freephone number is 0800 1111.  In an emergency ring 999 and ask for the police. 

You could talk to a social worker in Kirklees 

Websites with more information are: 

Back to top

Kirklees Council NSPCC West Yorkshire Police NHS National Probation Service Cafcass