KSCB Business Plan
Business Plan 2016-17:
This Business Plan sets out the priorities of the KSCB for 2016/2017. The priorities have been established by the Board members through a process of consultation and debate with all partners regarding developing areas of concern, learning from local and national developments, and the Statutory functions of the KSCB.
- Strengthen the partnership approach and further develop challenge within the board
- Reduce the harm from neglect by improved and timely responses for children of all ages
- Ensure that multi-agency Early Help arrangements are effective at preventing harm and keeping children safe
- Improve identification, reduce occurrences and improve outcomes for young people at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- Strengthen the responses and interventions for children who go missing from home, care or school
- Support service improvement through developing the workforce by providing suitable learning opprtunities, responding to learning from serious case reviews (SCRs), audits and inspection findings
- Increase the engagement with, and influence of, young people and their families on the work of the Board
Business Plan 2013-2016
The KSCB board's priorities were to promote, monitor and evaluate multi agency effectiveness in safeguarding children and young people; strengthen and support a competent and equipped workforce that is committed to learning and developing safeguarding practice; to strengthen and develop the partnership approach to safeguard and promote the welfare of children; to minimise the incidence of child abuse and neglect and promote the work of the KSCB; to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of what is done by the Local Authority and Safeguarding Board partners; to communicate the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children; to review and investigate all serious incidents against children in Kirklees; to develop the skills and knowledge of workers in relation to safeguarding children.
Business Plan 2010-2013:
The Business Plan takes into account the requirements of the statutory guidance ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children' (Department of Children, Schools and Families 2010), and it links with relevant strategic plans, for example, the Kirklees Children and Young People Plan and Kirklees Domestic Violence Strategy. A link to the current business is provided here: KSCB Business Plan 2010-2013. Following a review of the Business Plan in March 2012 it was established that many of the actions had already been achieved; the Safeguarding Board subsequently approved an updated Business Plan with revised priorities which can be viewed here.
Previous Business Plans: