KSCB Business Plan
Three-Year Business Plan
Business Plan 2013 - 2016:
The current Business Plan covers the period 2013 to 2016 and the KSCB board's priorities are:
Promote, monitor and evaluate multi agency effectiveness in safeguarding children and young people
Strengthen and support a competent and equipped workforce that is committed to learning and developing safeguarding practice.
It retains the same six objectives from the previous period which are:
- To strengthen and develop the partnership approach to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- To minimise the incidence of child abuse and neglect and promote the work of the KSCB
- To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of what is done by the Local Authority and Safeguarding Board partners
- To communicate the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- To review and investigate all serious incidents against children in Kirklees
- To develop the skills and knowledge of workers in relation to safeguarding children.
Business Plan 2010-2013:
The Business Plan takes into account the requirements of the statutory guidance ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children' (Department of Children, Schools and Families 2010), and it links with relevant strategic plans, for example, the Kirklees Children and Young People Plan and Kirklees Domestic Violence Strategy. A link to the current business is provided here: KSCB Business Plan 2010-2013. Following a review of the Business Plan in March 2012 it was established that many of the actions had already been achieved; the Safeguarding Board subsequently approved an updated Business Plan with revised priorities which can be viewed here.
Previous Business Plans:
KSCB Business Plan 2007-2010